RTIG is a community group which seeks to establish, support and promulgate good practice in the use of information and communications technology in public transport.
With members from public authorities, transport operators, consultancies and the systems industry, we have an impartial perspective and support the common good. We have an excellent relationship with national Government and work closely with other community groups.
RTIG works on behalf of its members as a whole, and delivers benefits though a range of activities, events and publications:
- Regular workshops for members to discuss their concerns and to share their experiences
- An extensive library to assist those implementing systems
- National buying power: we hold a communications framework contract on behalf of members
- Development of standards at UK and European levels
- Pooling understanding on the enablers and blockers to successful implementation
- A variety of good practice guidelines for those implementing RTI
- Links with other organisations interested in similar issues
- Representation of the sector's collective views and interests to policymakers